Acknowledgment of Privacy Statement
We collect information you voluntarily provide such as but not limited to: your name, grade level, school, school ID, contact information and other details necessary for your participation in the NOI.PH Online Elimination Round and the Onsite Finals. We also record and keep a copy of your code, submissions, communications using email and the Discord platform for purposes of training and discussion, other communications made in the course of competitions or training, any other information incidental to NOI.PH events, including photographs taken during contests and training.
If you choose not to provide this information, you may not be allowed to participate in NOI.PH events and contests as they are necessary to ascertain your eligibility and fitness to join NOI.PH-hosted contests.
In addition to the above-mentioned information, we may utilize a number of tools (e.g. plagiarism checker) to process submitted your submitted code for purposes of grading and ensuring the integrity of our competitions.
Information Collected Automatically
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. We use this data for security purposes and to analyze usage of our site, and thus improve the Service based on the analyses.
We collect data about how you interact with the Service. This includes data such as access dates and times, pages viewed, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this data through cookies, pixels, tags, and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
During competitions, training sessions, and other official events and activities, we may collect photos and other information for documentation of said events and activities which may be uploaded on our website, social media, or published in our digital and/or printed publicity materials.
Use and Processing of Information
We use your information to ascertain your eligibility to join the National Olympiad in Informatics, the International Olympiad in Informatics, and other official contests.
We process your information for submission to third-party organizations (e.g. hosting committees of International Olympiad in Informatics and Singapore National Olympiad in Informatics and other competitions). There are instances when we may process personal information for other matters incidental to any NOI.PH-sanctioned event such as for the processing of visa and travel requirements or in compliance with legal obligations.
We likewise use your information to grade, judge, and ensure the integrity of our competitions.
We also use your information to disclose to our sponsors and partners the profiles of participants in our official events. We will never release your personal information (including your profile) without your explicit consent. We will always tell you the extent and purpose of such disclosures.
We only use your information in a manner consistent with, and as are reasonably necessary, in the exercise of the lawful activities of NOI.PH.
We may employ third party companies and individuals (inclusive of but not limited to: Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Inspectlet, MailChimp) to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used and thus improve our Service.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Sponsors – Disclosure of personal information to sponsors is only for the limited purpose of being invited by the sponsors to any training/activity or internships/job opportunities in their companies.
- Coaches/schools – Your school or coach may request your whereabouts, participation status, or other personal information for administrative or academic purposes; we will comply with any such valid request.
- Venues/logistics providers/contests organizers – Your personal information may have to be disclosed to these for registration or for logistic purposes.
- Schools – your school may request your whereabouts, your students’ participation status, or other personal information for administrative or academic purposes; we will comply with any such valid request.
- Venues/logistics providers/contests organizers – your personal information may have to be disclosed to these for registration or for logistic purposes.
- Participants – participants for whom you are the coach may request your contact information or other personal information.
Retention of Information
We retain your personal information only for as long as the personal information is needed to provide you with the Service, to ensure the integrity of the Service, and to fulfill obligations with our sponsors. If you do not actively use or participate in the Service for more than 5 years, we mark you as dormant and delete your data, subject to allowable instances of retention (e.g. for historical or statistical purpose) as provided under the Data Privacy Act of 2012.
In addition to any rights you may have under this policy, you have the following rights under the Data Privacy Act of 2012:
- The right to reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about you.
- The right to make corrections or updates to the personal information we hold or otherwise process about you.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal information in line with our declared purpose.
- The right to erasure or blocking of your personal information from our records and systems or deletion of your profile.
- The right to be informed of the processing of your personal information, including the existence of automated decision-making and profiling. Data subjects may be notified of personal data breaches in accordance with the requirements and procedures set out by the law.
- The right to be indemnified in case processing of your personal information violates the law.
- The right to portability of your data undergoing processing by us.
- The right to lodge a complaint before the competent body or regulator for the data privacy law, the NPC.
Enforcement and Compliance